Good writeup on the contenders to replace the M4

by mcassill, Saturday, October 03, 2020, 14:46 (1273 days ago)

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, October 03, 2020, 17:44 (1272 days ago) @ mcassill

Random thoughts: They keep doing this but no real change. The change to the Sig only impacted the US, same 9mm, but changing to 6.8 would impact many nations, not just the US.

ayup. Given current ChiCom flu effects on economies,

by guest, Saturday, October 03, 2020, 20:33 (1272 days ago) @ Cherokee

and the massive debts being accrued by NATO member economies, I do not see their tax payers and politicians lining up to provide militaries with much more than directions to nearest rock piles as for new toys in the next several years, in regards to individual close combat weapons. Remote control weapons another animal entire.

by mcassill, Saturday, October 03, 2020, 20:33 (1272 days ago) @ Cherokee

It would appear that we and others will be producing 5.56 for a good long time.

All you need to know about the M16a1...

by Byron, Sunday, October 04, 2020, 06:47 (1272 days ago) @ mcassill

There was a reprint of that many years ago

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Sunday, October 04, 2020, 16:31 (1272 days ago) @ Byron

and my 1SG at the time was tickled pink when I gifted him one of them as he remembered the originals.

Sadly PS magazine is no longer printed and even the online version is simply a list of articles as they're published.

--
Esse sine metu in facie inimici tui. Sit fortis et rectus quod Deus ut amo te. Veritatem dico semper etiam si eam ducit ad mortem tuam. Tuendam inops et facere no mali.

There was a reprint of that many years ago

by mcassill, Sunday, October 04, 2020, 20:42 (1271 days ago) @ Miles

That’s sad. PS was a wealth of good info back when I was a young trooper.

RSS Feed of thread