It`s been 19 years , Today

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Friday, September 11, 2020, 15:19 (1322 days ago)

I remember PMC talking about his new to him .44 Spl. I don`t think he was able to shoot it. I wonder how his family is doing . Time sure Fly`s By. how many people here remember?

by Drago, Friday, September 11, 2020, 17:46 (1322 days ago) @ Fivegunner

I do.
Peter Martin's last post on 9.10.01:

PCM
I finally got it!!!!!!!!!!!..............
Mon Sep 10 19:34:16 2001

Been waiting FOREVER to find a .44 1950 S&W Target, well, I finally got one!

It was made in 1953, so it is a 5-screw pre-24 model with a 6 1/2" barrel. It has some honest blue-wear at the muzzle, cylinder, and front of the frame....but this gun is T-I-G-H-T!!! Also, it still has its original magna-diamond grips.

I am looking foward to putting many thousands of rounds through its barrel........................PETE

Rest in Peace brother.

by Mark, Saturday, September 12, 2020, 18:46 (1321 days ago) @ Drago

https://my.xfinity.com/~johnk454/pics/pete.html : This used to be the link that I used for my remembrance of Pete. It has been down for awhile now but your post brings back the memory. Thanks for that. I remember Pete and those days of this board. My how things have changed. I feel like starting a 44 vs 45 or "heavy for caliber" post just for old time sake.
Mark

That was mine - i used comcast until they suddenly disallowe

by John K., Monday, September 14, 2020, 17:53 (1319 days ago) @ Mark

File hosting and deleted my files. Had backups, though. Will see if i can rehost the original screen grab again.

That was mine - i used comcast until they suddenly disallowe

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 16:35 (1318 days ago) @ John K.

Let me know if you'd like to post it here or on one of the sister domains.

Even better idea! Will send it to Paul and let him

by John K., Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 17:32 (1318 days ago) @ Paul

make it available to the group.

Thanks!

Even better idea! Will send it to Paul and let him

by Mark, Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 19:12 (1317 days ago) @ John K.

That would be great.
I wondered why that went away.

About Peter Martin...

by Drago, Friday, September 11, 2020, 18:59 (1322 days ago) @ Fivegunner

About Peter Martin

This profile was originally published in 2001/2002

As of yesterday, Peter C. Martin, a lieutenant with Rescue 2 in Brooklyn's Crown Heights section, was still missing.

A veteran firefighter with numerous decorations for bravery, Martin, 43, of Miller Place, is among seven members of the 30-member squad listed as missing since the terrorist attack on the Twin Towers.

Martin's wife, Alice, said accounts she's heard had her husband in the stairwell of one of the towers marching people out.

"I have three boys here that need me desperately, so I have to maintain the 'command post,'" she said, using an expression she said her husband would use. "That's why I'm so calm. We get a lot of strength from my husband."

A stay-at-home mom, Alice Martin was seeing her boys on the school bus Sept. 11 when one of her neighbors broke the frightening news: A plane had slammed into one of the Twin Towers.

She raced home and switched on the television just in time to witness the unthinkable: a second jetliner rocketing into Tower Two.

Watching in horror, she knew her husband's surely was among the search and rescue companies summoned to the blazing towers.

Martin's wife and three boys hadn't seen or heard from him since he left for work the previous night to begin a 24-hour shift.

Stunned by the images that filled her television screen that day, she repeatedly called her husband's fire house, Alice Martin said. But the phone just rang and rang, she said.

"That evening, when he didn't come home, I started calling hospitals. I figured I had to start some place," she said.

About midnight on Sept. 11, Phil Ruvolo, the captain of Martin's rescue squad, phoned with the news she had been trying hard not to face: Her husband was missing.

Martin's career in the search and rescue squad and as a firefighter spans more than 22 years. Before being promoted to lieutenant in 1995, he was a fireman at Rescue 2 and at Squad 252 in Brooklyn.

He was born in Jamaica, Queens, and grew up in Valley Stream. He graduated from St. Agnes High School in Rockville Centre and earned a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice from St.John's University, where he met his future wife. They married in April 1984.

His neighborhood friend and fellow firefighter Bob Maynes, chief of Battalion 41 in Brooklyn's Flatbush section, said Martin is extremely devoted to his boys, Daniel, 13, James, 8, and John, 6.

Maynes, whose own sons are in the Boy Scouts with the Martin boys, said his friend rarely misses an event involving the boys. Professionally, Martin is "extremely dedicated," Maynes said.

Martin's dedication took him to Oklahoma City, where he joined in the search and rescue operations after the bombing of the federal building. Home from his eight-day stint clawing through the rubble for survivors, he talked about how the devastation brought tears to his eyes, his wife said. He is a very sensitive soul, "very cool and calm, even in a crisis. He's the best. The worst part is not having an official answer." -- Collin Nash

http://longisland.newsday.com/911-anniversary/victims/Peter-Martin

by jgt, Saturday, September 12, 2020, 06:24 (1321 days ago) @ Fivegunner

Pete is always the first image that comes to mind when I think of 9/11. Then I always wonder what is happening with Alice and the boys. The boys are all men now. May God bless them and comfort them on days marking this event.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, September 12, 2020, 07:56 (1321 days ago) @ Fivegunner

Not forgotten.

I remember

by bj @, Saturday, September 12, 2020, 21:53 (1321 days ago) @ Fivegunner

and I also have saved on my computer the message that Drago posted.

Screen Grab

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Sunday, September 13, 2020, 07:31 (1320 days ago) @ bj
edited by Miles, Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 02:54

[image]

--
Esse sine metu in facie inimici tui. Sit fortis et rectus quod Deus ut amo te. Veritatem dico semper etiam si eam ducit ad mortem tuam. Tuendam inops et facere no mali.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Sunday, September 13, 2020, 16:48 (1320 days ago) @ Fivegunner

Remember sitting round the camp fire with him at the Noreaster. We discussed the 5 & 6 lug spoke rims on class 8 trucks & the breaking down & changing of tires mounted on those split rims. Yes I remember Pete.

RSS Feed of thread