Wish all you guys lived a little closer...

by Byron, Friday, May 08, 2020, 14:43 (1442 days ago)

Local pig farmer has hogs 2 weeks past time for the locker plant and nowhere to send them. All the small local private lockers are booked up for months at a time and the hogs either leave or get plowed under. The major packers are all closed.

He has all the 300lb hogs that you want for $100.00 each if you pay cash and take them away.

Our freezers is already full and the kids are all grown and out of the house. Teresa and I don't eat much.

This situation is going on all over the country. If you have the ability this is a time to really get some deals.

Just imagine if a small town would get together and buy a semi full of hogs and have a weekend hoedown. Ribs, chops, roasts and ham for everyone who kicked in either money or work at .30 cents on the dollar.

Damn shame to see all this live stock go to waste.

B

No kidding

by cubrock, Friday, May 08, 2020, 16:32 (1442 days ago) @ Byron

We don't have the freezer space to take any more, and buying a freezer is like winning the lottery right now.

Two miles from my house...

by Byron, Friday, May 08, 2020, 17:24 (1442 days ago) @ Byron

They are pouring milk on the ground.

Just a damn shame.

B

Indeed

by cubrock, Friday, May 08, 2020, 19:21 (1442 days ago) @ Byron

Hate to see food wasted when so many go hungry every day.

Wish all you guys lived a little closer...

by uncowboy, Friday, May 08, 2020, 17:33 (1442 days ago) @ Byron

if I lived close enough I would do many for me and my friends I knew this was going to happen and that I Would not be able to participate.

RSS Feed of thread