Please help me with some math and how to think this through.

by Byron, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 08:31 (1423 days ago)
edited by Byron, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 08:44

Without question, the Chinese virus will go down in American history as a pivotal event.

An Overton Window.

Still, there is value in trying to put it into perspective.

The Stimulus package is vaguely put at around 3 trillion dollars by the Treasury and the CDC has listed American total deaths from the bug at around 70,000 "related" as of 4 May. Funeral directors in New York have stated the in some areas ALL death certificates are "Covid related". The random antibody testing in NYC now totals around 7,500 in a population of 8.5 million and shows that 20%ish are positive (some areas are 80% +). 8.5mil/7.5k is not statistically of any value. A meat packing plant in St. Joe MO showed 380+ (more than half the staff) and all were completely asymptomatic.

The vent crisis is now showing that once a cormorbid patient is placed on life support that the chance that they will come off is little or none. The vents have not saved many that were dying anyway.

World wide data shows that healthy people are realistically at little or no risk. Healthy children are at essentially at no risk and that most healthy people don't even know that they have been infected.

So, it is fair to say that nobody knows what they are talking about or dealing with.

If we take the Stimulus package alone at 3 trillion and 70k "related" deaths we get.

3,000,000,000,000/70,000 = $42.9 million per "related" deaths and these almost all are folks with diabetics, heart disease, COPD, obesity, immunocompromised, old age etc...

Factor in that within the first quarter of 2020 the stock marked crashed to under 19,000 and the 22 trillion dollar American economic machine came to a stop the cost are significantly higher, probably by a full level of magnitude.

That's a whole lot.

History will show a number of things.

1. This mess is due to the Chinese.

2. The bug is more contagious than anyone expected.

3. The bug is not nearly as lethal as anyone expected.

4 It was a huge mistake to shut down the country and treat South Dakota the same as
New York.

5. The Constitution of the United States is at real danger from both without and
within.

6. We've all been scammed big time and things will never be the same.

B

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 09:22 (1423 days ago) @ Byron

Your math is fine and I agree wholeheartedly on your numbered items 1-6.

You’ve summed it up rather well

by Otony, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 10:45 (1423 days ago) @ Byron

I can only agree with your assessment.

I will add one thing, which you alluded to in a sense when you mentioned South Dakota. Restrictions or not, it is still far, far preferable to be living in a less populated, more rural area.

Otony

ONE SENTENCE SAYS IT ALL:

by SIXGUNNER, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 12:45 (1423 days ago) @ Byron

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT--AND IT CHANGES FROM DAY TO DAY.

ONE SENTENCE SAYS IT ALL:

by Ken O'Neill, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 14:54 (1423 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

I will clean up my language, in deference to those on this site, although the topic doesn't deserve it.
1. The "virus" hype is mostly baloney.
2.The restrictions are an intentional violation of the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution.
3. The restrictions are an intentional violation of many State Constitutions, such as North Carolina's where I live.
4. Shockingly to me, many/most Republicans in office are no better than the Democrats.
5. Now that EVERYONE sees how easy it is, your grip on liberty is tenuous, and subject to being gone in an instant.
6. Democrats in the Congress, with the compliance of fake (mostly all?) Republicans are remaking YOUR country to fit their vote-generating goals.
7. It would not be pretty to reverse these things, and you won't like it.

I'm old, but not a compliant sheep.

Dear Ken O'Neill

by Byron, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 17:09 (1423 days ago) @ Ken O'Neill
edited by Byron, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 17:15

Claire Wolfe is one of my favorite writers and one of her favorite quotes is:

“America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.”

Note that she wrote this is 1996.

I know what John Adams would do.

Cheers,

B

Dear Ken O'Neill

by Ken O'Neill, Wednesday, May 06, 2020, 06:54 (1422 days ago) @ Byron

Byron, I'm more of a Sam Adams type of guy these days. John was rather nice.

I TRUST DEMOCRATS 100%

by SIXGUNNER, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 18:12 (1423 days ago) @ Ken O'Neill

TO ALWAYS SCREW US; REPUBLICANS ABOUT 90% BUT THEY ARE TRYIN' HARDER!

by cubrock, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 14:37 (1423 days ago) @ Byron

Pretty much my thinking, as well. The only question in my mind is whether the release of the virus was intentional or accidental. And, if intentional, by whom and to what end?

by Byron, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 15:14 (1423 days ago) @ cubrock

At this point there is total consensus within intelligence that the bug came from the Wuhan Bio Lab and that it is almost surely an natural virus instead of a bioweapon that they cooked up and that the ChiCom were studying and trying to develop technology that would place them ahead of the US in the ability to manage Level 4 bugs. It probably escaped due to poor management instead of an intentional release. However there is some evidence that the ChiCom were stockpiling bio gear prior and released it on purpose as a way to kill off the weakest and least productive of their citizens and at the same time crash the world economy.

The ChiCom have a 100 year strategic plan for world domination and most certainly do not have conversations about what bathrooms to use.

Long term the west is hosed.

B

by jgt, Wednesday, May 06, 2020, 05:40 (1423 days ago) @ Byron

The commies have a saying: Never let a good crisis go to waste. I believe China conducted their labs the same way they do everything. It was known they were using poor procedures to safeguard the containment of the virus inside their Wu Han lab. Whether through negligence, or purpose, the virus got into the population outside the lab. I think they saw the opportunity to share it with their largest rival and test it's effectiveness around the world. I believe this was a bio-warfare attack camouflaged as an accidental release. The key is how long they covered up the information, and how they managed the information once it was apparent what had happened. Now they are acting indignant that anyone would suggest they were responsible. Even to the point of trying to claim we were.
What makes it so bad is the commies in this country are doing their best to not let this crisis go to waste. What our commies are too stupid to recognize is not only do laws not protect us from criminals, those laws will not make freedom loving citizen roll over for them.
Maybe I am ready for a tin-foil hat, but this is what I believe is happening.

Well said sir. n/t

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, May 11, 2020, 19:58 (1417 days ago) @ Byron

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread