Problem with Gunbroker

by Bob Hatfield @, Sunday, May 03, 2020, 07:13 (1447 days ago)

In the last few years I've sold probably 40 guns on Gunbroker. Recently my credit card was charged $350 by the Georgia Secretary of States office. The transaction said it was for "Corporate Registration". I immediately called my credit card company and reported it as fraud and my money was returned and the card# cancelled and replaced. I called the number that was posted on my credit card bill of the GA. Secretary of State and it went to a voicemail box of a person who's box was full. I tried calling it 4 or 5 times trying to get to the bottom if it but nobody answers.

It could be a someone committing fraud against me and the state of Georgia though.

Since Gunbroker is based out of Georgia I'm scared they might have had something to do with this. I still owe Gunbroker $11.94 but I am hesitant to give them my new credit card number.

Is there a way of contacting Gunbroker so I could send them a check? I cannot seem to find a contact number or address on the website.

Have any of you heard about a scam like this?

Thank you,

Bob

You can get a "you fill it" CC and use it for just this

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, May 03, 2020, 19:39 (1446 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

purpose. They can't get what isn't there...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

You can get a "you fill it" CC and use it for just this

by Bob Hatfield @, Sunday, May 03, 2020, 20:04 (1446 days ago) @ Hobie

Thanks Hobie. That's a good idea.

Many states are trying all manner of ways

by guest, Sunday, May 03, 2020, 21:12 (1446 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

to get some of the money generated by internet sales as taxes and fees for doing business in the state, where technically, since using GB as the middleman, they might say that is instate business, even if out of state.

If you are a state resident, and the state requires GB to divulge residential sales to them, there might be an annual ceiling or somesuch where they declare you a business after so many sales or dollars.

And, as you also thought, it might be a hack of account, of GB, or your card, in an manner which many would not question, once they saw the official sounding source of the draft.

The only way to know is to get the word from GB and/or the GA Secretary of State office, or maybe another branch might also handle state revenue and know the state laws, and you get a legal read from them. With many still restricted by laws effecting everyone else in the state, there surely are backlogs if even every office officially open for business, even now.

The state normally would contact you with paper, first, and surely will, now, if the charge was really by them. I no longer deal with GB or Ebay, and several other national businesses, as they have been all too willing to acts as collection agents and intel agents for states, and I use those who do not,.. and when none at all will.do so, then I have no excuse to not simply use local folk and let THEM get the biz.

Problem with Gunbroker

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 09:00 (1445 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

As for gunbroker I had a problem. I went to support & stated my problem. And to my surprise it was handled in a timely fashion.

Problem with Gunbroker

by Bob Hatfield @, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 18:50 (1444 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

I still owe them around $12. I guess I need to get a prepaid card to get them paid off and then its quits for me. They wear a guy out in fees.

RSS Feed of thread