computer question for the pros

by uncowboy, Friday, March 20, 2020, 21:23 (1469 days ago)

I have a HP laptop windows 10. My screen went to night mode where everything is black and I can not find how to switch it back. Can anyone help? J.Michael

This article was on yahoo this morning

by Brien @, NWArkansas, Saturday, March 21, 2020, 08:08 (1468 days ago) @ uncowboy

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/enable-dark-mode-windows-10-114511945.html

I did not read it all the way through
I hope it helps

Brien

by uncowboy, Sunday, March 22, 2020, 01:59 (1468 days ago) @ Brien

Thanks Brian REALLY Not dark anymore now Black and white screen and huge font ???

by uncowboy, Sunday, March 22, 2020, 03:39 (1467 days ago) @ uncowboy

Screwed with it all night. GOT COLOR BACK Got page font right BUT HEADER AND TOOL BAr oversized ized and taking up half the screen ???? this sentence ran off screen 6 inches??

Try this

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, March 22, 2020, 08:46 (1467 days ago) @ uncowboy

Click on settings
Click on Ease of Access
Should now have a screen entitled "Display"
Sub heading "Make text bigger" - drag the vertical blue line to the left to make text smaller.
Click "apply"
Next subheading "Make everything bigger" - click dropdown arrow and chose 100%.

Don't know what you have already done but the above should change your large display.

Try this

by uncowboy, Sunday, March 22, 2020, 10:00 (1467 days ago) @ Cherokee

Thank you it worked my tool bar icons are micro now but I can use the computer Thanks again Cherokee and Brian

Another try

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, March 22, 2020, 15:47 (1467 days ago) @ uncowboy

If you want larger icons on the taskbar, do a right click in the black area of the task bar and select the last item in the dropdown list "Taskbar setting", there is an on/off switch for small taskbar buttons. You can also get to it the same way you did thru Options and Personalization.

RSS Feed of thread