Feel my wallet rising up for a Single 7 in .327

by Mike P @, Monday, March 09, 2020, 18:31 (1499 days ago)

Hi all -

Feel my wallet rising up for at Single 7 in .327

Looking for a 5 1/2" barrel.

I am planning to use it for casual silhouette shooting and grandkid duty. I enjoy the Bearcat .22 but is is just so small it is difficult to load, especially in the cold.

I will of course be hand-loading for it.

If anyone had any thoughts before I turn loose of my money please advise! Also ant advise on type of dies.

Thanks at always,
Mike P

--
AKA zzr7ky

I have a couple, I like the, though I haven't shot them much

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 22:08 (1497 days ago) @ Mike P

Th 5.5 Bisley with Fermin Garza's Front sight, is a gun I wish I would have had 40 years ago...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I have to echo Rob.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:14 (1496 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I bought one of the early 5-1/2" stainless Single Sevens and was NOT happy with the accuracy to the point that I sent it back to Ruger who replaced the base pin. Accuracy improved, slightly, with the factory ammo. Reloads improved that further but I still wasn't happy. SO, I bought a 5-1/2" Bisley and it shoots much better. I really like the cartridge and see a lot of potential. While one NEEDS good hearing protection, recoil is moderate and it could be used on deer in a pinch. Unfortunately, health problems and a major home rebuild have limited my time in the field with the gun. I hope to shoot both a lot more this summer. I think you will like it and use it.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by E Sisk, Thursday, March 12, 2020, 13:11 (1496 days ago) @ Mike P

I am using my Lee .32 H&R Mag dies. Have a SP 101 4.2" that is a little Tank. Also a 7 1/2" Single Seven that I shot in our local Silhouette match last month. There are lots of .32 caliber bullet options from 71 gr. to 130 gr. When I got mine the barrel was not indexed properly, knowing how tight Ruger barrels are, I sent it to Ruger and it came back perfect. Installed one of Kellye's base pins and even though I need to slick up the trigger a little, it will shoot 1" at 25 yards with several loads I have tried so far. https://www.pinterest.com/ersisk0911/ruger-single-seven/

by Mike P @, Saturday, March 21, 2020, 17:31 (1487 days ago) @ Mike P

Ordered it. Also MP .314 HBWC mold.
Should keep me busy in my lair for a bit. ;)

RSS Feed of thread