Google search

by uncowboy, Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 20:37 (1492 days ago)

My writing friend told me to Google my name and see what came up. I did this about 15 years ago and found all the articles I wrote and thought it was cool.
Just finished doing it now. SICK! They had
what I wrote in every funeral book I have been to in the last 15 years. They are selling this shit!

I'm not surprised one bit.

by Murphy @, Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 21:39 (1492 days ago) @ uncowboy

I got my first computer and went online sometime back about 1998. I remember watching on 60 Minutes a lady talking about this thing called cookies in computers. She was getting advertisements in her Outlook Express and couldn't figure out why? Then it dawned on her. The websites she visited was tracked and the information passed onto advertisers.

I can visit Ebay and a few other sites, and then head over to Facebook. Boom! I have add's that show pretty much every thing I've Googled or looked at on Facebook showing up. But, never anything firearm related. Hummmm?

My remedy for that has been a habit now for several years. Before I visit Ebay or Facebook, I delete my browser history, clear my cache and run a final cleanup via my anti virus program. No more adds. When I leave Ebay or Facebook, I do it again. Paranoid? Nope. It's just none of their business. To put it mildly, there isn't much you can do via internet that doesn't seem to be monitored to later be swapped or sold.

Murphy

Google search

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, February 27, 2020, 08:02 (1492 days ago) @ uncowboy

Everybody knows your name. No privacy on the internet, even forum posts.

Drop google...use "DuckDuckGo."

by Caz, Thursday, February 27, 2020, 10:41 (1492 days ago) @ uncowboy

nm

Startpage is also good

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, February 27, 2020, 17:17 (1491 days ago) @ Caz

nm

A couple years back I was on a date with this gal...

by cas, Friday, February 28, 2020, 18:24 (1490 days ago) @ uncowboy

..and she told me she'd Googled me. I laughed and said "Didn't find much huh?" She said no.

I said.... "Just a lot of match results." :D

I of course then Googled her.... and learned a LOT! It didn't work out and I didn't mind at all.

RSS Feed of thread