I ain't never seen nuthin' like that afore

by Catoosa, Sunday, February 09, 2020, 19:21 (1531 days ago)

About 15 turkey hens came ambling through the yard this afternoon. One BIG hen was unlike any turkey I have ever seen before - she was gray and white! Neck and underside were kind of off-white and wing coverts and back were slate gray with some darker barring. The white areas were not the stark white that you see in albinos but more a cream color. Very striking!

I'll try to get some pictures if that bunch comes around again.

by jgt, Monday, February 10, 2020, 06:25 (1531 days ago) @ Catoosa

From that description it sounds like it got crossed with a domestic turkey breed. I once had a somewhat large cottontail that had a lot of white in places its fellow cottontail did not have. It came around several times before it disappeared.

by Ken O'Neill, Monday, February 10, 2020, 06:46 (1531 days ago) @ jgt

I shot a Tom like that once, then also concluded it was a domestic cross.

by Mike P @, Monday, February 10, 2020, 16:22 (1530 days ago) @ Ken O'Neill

Hi - A friend saw a mixed up bird while hunting turkeys in Michigan. He mentioned it to his wife via text. She contacted the DNR via phone and they said, please shoot it and it need not be counted in bag limit for License. She texted him back.... and he never saw that bird again!

--
AKA zzr7ky

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Monday, February 10, 2020, 18:19 (1530 days ago) @ Mike P

Had a hen come in last spring with five plots. Three normal and two white. As they grew the white birds got more cream and brown. This fall they were more brown with some cream on their lower bodies. These birds were observed in a two mile radius of where hatched. I have not seen them this winter.

Turkey Callin'

by ~JM~, Monday, February 10, 2020, 18:58 (1530 days ago) @ Tom Richardson

Turkey Callin'

by Catoosa, Monday, February 10, 2020, 20:19 (1530 days ago) @ ~JM~

THAT'S THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE SEEN ALL WEEK!

Those turkeys gotta be dumber than the ones we have around here....

RSS Feed of thread