Ruger Security 9 pistol?????

by Gunner @, St Louis, Saturday, November 09, 2019, 19:49 (1600 days ago)

Anybody have one, shot one? Can not find reliable info from end users online, saw one at a local dealer, looks decent, cheap for sure, $370 for the brown cerakote 15 round version. Looking for beater plastic 9, thoughts, opinions???

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

by Bob Hatfield @, Sunday, November 10, 2019, 06:00 (1600 days ago) @ Gunner

Seems like Hickcock 45 on youtube wrung one out to long range.

Bob

by J.Michael @, peoples republic of new jersey, Sunday, November 10, 2019, 06:40 (1600 days ago) @ Gunner

Hickock 45 liked it just fine and very accurate with Federal pills. The price sounds high they
sell 275-300 around here. If Grice's has a sale they were even cheaper. J.Michael

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Sunday, November 10, 2019, 08:43 (1600 days ago) @ Gunner

Nice pistol. Like the SR9 before it, the Security 9 is largely ignored in favor of the European company models.
I've shot one, but only around 120 rounds or so.
In limited experience I had no problems with it.
Accurate enough, comfortable, inexpensive, and if they are as reliable as the other later Ruger semi autos they will quietly chug along in the shadow of the Austrian reliability king.
My SR 9 has never bobbled in function. Including some pretty ugly reloaded ammo. I think I'm closing in on 2000 rounds through the SR 9.

To sum it up, I wouldn't be afraid in the least to buy a Security 9

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, November 11, 2019, 20:38 (1598 days ago) @ Gunner

Haven't shot it. Looks ok. Prefer the compact version. They use SR9 magazines. $306.59 here http://store.nuckolsgun.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/sec-9-cmpct-9mm-blkhogue-1...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread