Winchester Boy Scout Commemorative - shoot it or save it?

by stonewalrus, Saturday, October 19, 2019, 16:44 (1644 days ago)

When my brother in law passed away, he had Winchester Boy Scout 22 commemorative NIB. We saved it back for our youngest who has been a scout. I am at a quandary - the other commemoratives he had weren’t worth much more than he paid for them. This one has gone up in value. Do we let our son shoot it and enjoy it or keep it pristine?

by J.Michael @, peoples republic of new jersey, Saturday, October 19, 2019, 17:21 (1644 days ago) @ stonewalrus

The memory is worth more than the money. I have my dads 22 that he cut down for me . I am 56 and still have it. It is a sears bolt action but you can't buy it from me. I just lost a friend at 86 he had a gun that was a fake his father made for him so he could play with the other kids that had store built ones.. He cried when he showed it to me saying it was priceless it was made with love.

WHO ARE YOU SAVING IT FOR? SHOOT IT!

by SIXGUNNER, Sunday, October 20, 2019, 10:20 (1643 days ago) @ stonewalrus

LET YOUR SON ENJOY IT

Chut it!!! nt

by Charles, Sunday, October 20, 2019, 13:09 (1643 days ago) @ stonewalrus

nt

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, October 21, 2019, 13:13 (1642 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Enjoy the memory and shoot it.

shoot it , for sure !!

by cable, Monday, October 21, 2019, 15:37 (1642 days ago) @ stonewalrus

when my son made Eagle scout, I got him one [ later I got myself one ...for all those years of being an assistant scoutmaster with him and the other boys ] his has awesome wood. we have shot it, and also take great care of it.

he loves it and those little lever rifles are really great shooters.

I was an assistant leader as well

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 16:49 (1640 days ago) @ cable

Nm

those were fun years, my son and i still relive them

by cable, Thursday, October 24, 2019, 12:18 (1639 days ago) @ stonewalrus

our troop usually had 35-40 scouts at summer camp.....ran me ragged.... I had to be the 'medical officer' and dispense their prescription meds etc.
still it was great fun.
being here in Alaska, we did some great trips, like a 9 day wilderness float trip etc

Hard to top Alaskan Boy Scout trips!!

by stonewalrus, Thursday, October 24, 2019, 12:36 (1639 days ago) @ cable

We spent the night on the USS Yorktown aircraft carrier and on the USS Alabama battleship. Also one night in a cave - the one thing folks said they wouldn’t do again. Private show cave, greedy owners who tried packing way to many separate troops in at one time.

RSS Feed of thread