32-20s

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Friday, October 11, 2019, 10:05 (1630 days ago)

Looking around on a rainy day and found this pair.
32-20 S&W 5th change hand eject.

[image]

32-20s

by SIXGUNNER, Friday, October 11, 2019, 15:11 (1630 days ago) @ Tom Richardson

We have a gun shop about 20 miles away that I visit every once in a while. One day a couple years ago I walked in and there was one of these .32-20 Smith & Wesson in the case a fellow put it on consignment that morning and the owner told him it would probably never sell. It lasted about three hours until I got it.

32-20s

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Friday, October 11, 2019, 15:13 (1630 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

I try to never let one be homeless.

32-20s

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, October 11, 2019, 18:31 (1630 days ago) @ Tom Richardson

Great find. You will enjoy them.

32-20s

by J.Michael @, peoples republic of new jersey, Friday, October 11, 2019, 19:57 (1630 days ago) @ Tom Richardson

No pic but I got one off the web years ago sight unseen purely on faith. It showed up with very nice stag grips and shoots my cast like a lazier. Sometimes you get lucky.

32-20s

by jgt, Saturday, October 12, 2019, 06:16 (1629 days ago) @ Tom Richardson

Man! Tom, I should move to Arkansas. You folks seem to have lots of wonderful guns there. But, if I did, I would be competing with you. I guess I better stay out of your backyard. Wouldn't want to infringe. At lease here we have plenty of cactus,fire ants, and rattlers. Keep at it, your kids will sure miss you when your not around to sniff out those jewels.:-P

I had a 5th change that had been shot a lot and I shot

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, October 12, 2019, 21:22 (1629 days ago) @ Tom Richardson

it a more, something like 1000 rounds, before selling it back to the person I bought it from. He had a buyer in no time. The barrel was loose, kept from turning out by the pin. The top strap was pretty deeply cut at the barrel cylinder gap point. The finish wasn't all that great. But, I was still able to get a squirrel with it and could hit targets the size of a groundhog's chest out to about 40 yards or so with great regularity.

This gun purchase was the direct result of my purchase of JimT's cache of .32-20 reloads when he went to Mozambique. My Marlin 1894 CL would not ignite the pistol primers with which all those reloads were primed. The S&W had no problems and the Marin has no problem with rifle primers in the same cases. Of no particular importance is that I now have a .30 Cal GI ammo can full of .32-20 ammo loaded with the Lyman 3118 bullet, Unique and CCI small rifle primers which shoot very well out of the 1894CL.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread