It's good to "see" you all again...

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, September 05, 2019, 16:53 (1693 days ago)

For those wondering "What happened?" - I don't know either. At least not exactly. Monday or so the server that hosts this forum and a bunch of other sites as well got "emergency maintenanced". What the emergency was is a matter of speculation. Never could pin customer service down on "What exactly is going on?" So far everything seems to be back up and running. On my end just found that no email since the 30th, which seems to point at a time at which they had a viable backup made of the system/etc.

Anyway, we now return you to our regularly programmed activities. Or lack thereof. As the case may be. :-D

It's good to "see" you all again...

by jgt, Friday, September 06, 2019, 06:08 (1692 days ago) @ Paul

Thank you very much for your efforts. That goes for all who worked on this problem in our behalf. All it took on my end was patience. To all of you in my best "Elvis voice" Thank you, Thank you very much!

No email! Doh!

by cas, Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 08:58 (1687 days ago) @ Paul

I just realized that's the issue. why my email has been so quiet.

I'd like to phase out using my cylindersmith email account, but there are several important contacts still using it.
I'm not getting anything on my phone or computer so something has changed. It's been so long that I don't know what the settings should even be at this point.

No email! Doh!

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 16:21 (1687 days ago) @ cas

I've been out of town, unexpected urgent meeting. Drop me an email and let's see what's up. Should be functioning well before now.

Check now.

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 08:11 (1686 days ago) @ cas

Let me know if you need help getting in there. I asked customer service and they checked. Threw a switch or two and you should be up and running.

RSS Feed of thread