My social security number has been suspended!

by bob, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 14:34 (1777 days ago)

Computer voice said it was for 'some reasons'! I am to call them back on the number 409-xxx-xxxx. RIGHT! I'll jump right on that!
bob

Is this because you died? Do you need to send in $500

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 16:18 (1777 days ago) @ bob

in Walmart gift cards so they can start you up again?

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by bob, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 17:08 (1777 days ago) @ Hobie

LOL!!!! I dunno but I just rec'd the third call! I guess this is pretty serious!
bob

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 20:57 (1777 days ago) @ bob

Must be real serious. Don't delay. Contact most honorable agent & restore card.

Got one!

by Catoosa, Friday, June 14, 2019, 09:36 (1776 days ago) @ bob

Had a most satisfying moment yesterday. Got a call from one of those cretins who got about three words into his spiel before I let loose with a string of my best U S Army issue profanity and hung up.

About 30 minutes later THE SAME GUY calls again! (recognized his voice) I replied by asking what the hell he wanted. He apparently recognized MY voice this time because he just said "Ah I don't want to talk to you either" and then HE HUNG UP!

Victory over one of the SOBs at least.....

Got one!

by Murphy @, Friday, June 14, 2019, 14:57 (1776 days ago) @ Catoosa

Good for you!

Most of the people I know will tell you, they've never really seen me mad. Upset, angry, agitated maybe, but never full blown 'that cat done flipped his wig' mad.

I'm human, some days are diamond, some days are stone. That being said, nothing better to vent on than one of those thieving jokers trying to scam me. One of my best ended with the guy asking me "Why the &%#@ you wanna know?". He hung up, dang it. And I was just getting on a roll too.

And one thing I always remember to do before the call ends is to ask the caller, Boy...does your momma know what you do for a living?

Murphy

Priceless!

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Friday, June 14, 2019, 20:39 (1776 days ago) @ Murphy

Hoo boy! I can just hear you saying that too brother. Your voice dripping with disdain! LOL!

Priceless!

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Friday, June 14, 2019, 20:41 (1776 days ago) @ MS

Boy? Do you tell your momma you work in a not accepted word bathhouse so she don't know you're a scammer?

My social security number has been suspended!

by Drago, Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 08:08 (1765 days ago) @ bob

I had something similar happen to me. My number was listed as 'deceased". I went to SSA with my birth certificate, driver's license, work ID and my social security card. They don't know why it was listed as deceased.

RSS Feed of thread