Ammo for serious social interaction

by stonewalrus, Sunday, May 19, 2019, 10:06 (1804 days ago)

I am on a church safety team. Thought I would pick up some Glaser annoying. Apparently no longer exists. Any suggestions for a round that won’t overpenetrate in 45 acp or 9 mm?

by Jared, Sunday, May 19, 2019, 12:01 (1804 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Personally I wouldn’t use glaciers or the like. I understand the desire to not over penetrate but if there is an armed attacker actively shooting I would be just as concerned with under penetration. Look at Miami. Even the FFDOs anc Federal Air Marshals carry or carried 155 or 165 gr Gold Dots in their 40 S&Ws for years. Not sure what they are carrying with the flight back to the 9mm.

For minimal penetration in a 9mm something like the old +P+ federal 115gr Stops pretty quickly once it starts expanding. My favorite 9mm ammo is the 124gr +P Gold Dot and the +P 124gr HST.

Lookat double tap ammo

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, May 19, 2019, 17:56 (1803 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I've listed the link here many times. you cannot miss. A stray round, no matter WHAT the bullet design is more likely than a magic bullet. But they make a 77 all copper HP in 9mm

http://doubletapammo.net/ sign up for their newsletter and get great discount and free shipping deals

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Lookat double tap ammo

by stonewalrus, Sunday, May 19, 2019, 19:50 (1803 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I know I may not be able to shoot or may have to go for an oddball shot like to the knee - anything to put them down with what shot I am presented. Hope I never have to find out. I just have conventional Remington HTP HPs in 45 and classic 9 mm Federal. Looking to upgrade a bit.

This is what I carry......

by Ray L., Sunday, May 19, 2019, 21:52 (1803 days ago) @ stonewalrus

This is what I carry......

by Ray L., Sunday, May 19, 2019, 22:10 (1803 days ago) @ Ray L.

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Monday, May 20, 2019, 00:03 (1803 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Try Federal HST or Hydra-Shok, for both 9mm and .45.
You should do fine with either if the need ever arises.

by sjcollins ⌂ @, SW Missouri, Monday, May 27, 2019, 22:48 (1795 days ago) @ Miles

Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot. Both have proven track records of putting down bad guys. I carry both in 9mm and .45ACP.

RSS Feed of thread