Anybody have issues with Tyler MFG?

by Frank S, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 10:24 (1808 days ago)

Ordered a T grip and they cashed my check on March 28.
I have been unable to get a response by email, and their VM is always full.
Regards,
F

my experience was slow but certain and has been. NT

by passing by, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 12:25 (1808 days ago) @ Frank S

nt

Anybody have issues with Tyler MFG?

by Catoosa, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 20:35 (1807 days ago) @ Frank S

They're OK, but ya gotta be patient with 'em. They will eventually get the adapter to you. The Tyler folks aren't real big on organization - they make the adapters in batches and they probably just haven't made up a batch of the particular one you ordered. Just about the time you're ready to give up looking for it, it will appear in your mailbox.

Roy Baker used to be like that with holsters back before he passed. Once took almost two years to make a 1911 holster for me, but I eventually got it and am still using it almost 35 years later.

Yep! I think most of the family members still working on

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 20:41 (1807 days ago) @ Catoosa

production and shipping have day jobs. They were way behind on orders when they finally sorted out daddy's estate and have been struggling to keep up every since.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Thanks Gentlemen

by Frank S, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 20:48 (1807 days ago) @ Hobie

Appreciate the responses

yes, you can do a search of old posts from years back...

by passing by, Saturday, May 11, 2019, 10:33 (1806 days ago) @ Frank S

and find the latest crew inherited a mess, and they did their level best to get very very very late adapters out first, while later orders had to wait.

And as mentioned, just a couple of folk with day jobs, and noticed their site in Feb posted a month or two backlog, which can easily be worse. They are honest and will get your adapter to you, and it will be in the order received.

There is a demand, but sadly not enough to go full time. More as if ordering a piece of dying art, and really no way to improve things.

And here's a viable alternative...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Saturday, May 11, 2019, 18:34 (1805 days ago) @ passing by

which is pretty much a direct replacement, for about the same money. This guy also has other commitments but is a regular on the S&W Forum and apparently busts his hump to fill orders in a timely manner.

http://bkgrips.com/

Some real irony, there...

by passing by, Monday, May 13, 2019, 19:34 (1803 days ago) @ Sarge

currently not delivering for at least another week, did not note start date.

He says shipping will resume May 20

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Saturday, May 18, 2019, 08:10 (1799 days ago) @ passing by

when he returns, unless I read that incorrectly. That seems, to me at least, to be a substantial improvement over having your check cashed and no product, contact or updates for two months.

BK has plenty of satisfied customers at http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/200044-bk-grip-adapters-square-...

If that were not the case, I wouldn't have posted here. Which as usual, was a mistake and one I won't be making again soon.

whoa horsey...that was humor...irony....you know?

by passing by, Saturday, May 18, 2019, 18:55 (1798 days ago) @ Sarge

and for several years now, the new owner of the t-grip has been straight up as for delays, they make them in batches when orders are enough, and have more than one item.

The homepage has a notice as to expected/not guaranteed backlog, and this a hobby nighttime/weekends job. If the wait bothers, buy something else. Meanwhile, personal life and duties call, same as this other fellah.

Talk about SENsitive, i tell ya!

RSS Feed of thread