New pistol in the house!

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 20:45 (1834 days ago)

My better half this afternoon traded her S&W Shield 9 for a new 380 Shield EZ.

Wow what a nice pistol!

I hear everybody that buys one likes or loves it.

The shop had two 50 round boxes of Rattlesnake Ammunition 380 TMJ for $11 a box.
I've never heard of it, but its new American manufacture. Get to know you ammunition if nothing else.

New pistol in the house!

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Friday, April 19, 2019, 07:14 (1834 days ago) @ MS

How about pictures! Have you got your motorcycle out yet?

I really like the EZ format: big enough to get hands on, w/o

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, April 19, 2019, 12:47 (1834 days ago) @ MS

fingers over the muzzle, easy slide and mag springs low recoil 2 mags ready to go. reminds me of a 1903 Colt.

Ammo Hint Subscribe to Mike McNett's Double Tap Ammo emails. He sends out maybe one a month. He send out discount codes with free shipping and 25 to 40 percent off.
More importantly it is GREAT AMMO! Shooting his ammo at Gunsite in various mediums windshield glass, and the body of a 76 Ford pick up, "jello" blocks, steel plates, etc really showed how much the cartridge can be improved.

http://doubletapammo.net/

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I really like the EZ format: big enough to get hands on, w/o

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Sunday, April 21, 2019, 22:50 (1831 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Yeah, it's kind of a full size pistol, scaled down to fit smaller hands. 7/8 scale.

The longer barrel gives better ballistics (should). More mass in the longer slide means lighter recoil spring. etc.....

Ruger has made an LC380 for a few years, but there's not much being said about them.

Does anyone have any experiences or even just an opinion on the LC380?

Dad went through a LC380 on his search for a slide he...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, April 22, 2019, 09:24 (1831 days ago) @ MS

could rack. It was OK but nothing special. Slightly less effort than the LC9/LC9s but still too much for him. He ended up with the EZ and I believe he's quite happy.

Arthritis, at least for Dad, has been funny. He can operate the slide on his Ruger P90 (I think, .45ACP in a P-series) but only because of the ambi-safety gives him something to grab. He has trouble with most slides being too thin to grasp.

The Ruger is just a tad too small

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 15:40 (1830 days ago) @ MS

the EZ is just right

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I think we sold 2 LC-380s. The S&W EZ 380 is a seller...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, May 07, 2019, 19:50 (1815 days ago) @ MS

The weak and arthritic are empowered! Decent sights and trigger, it is a winner in the market place.

LC-380? Might as well get the 9. 8 rounds, might as well get the P365. Only Ruger's price cuts to the product have saved it. Right now the 43X has some interest as well.

I am not talking 'gunny' type people, but average men and women looking for value in a defensive, concealable firearm. Price IS important to these people. Concealability is important to some but not others, the firearm is kept at home. I think, I should check to be certain, but I think that as much as 50% of our sales of pistols are to women. Many have never been in a gun shop before, many take our CHP classes AND get training at the range from local instructors.

That said, I will also say that we sell to EVERY demographic.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

New pistol in the house!

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Sunday, April 28, 2019, 18:58 (1825 days ago) @ MS

We bought one for my wife, she can manage the slide on it better than everything else we’ve tried. I think S&W has winner.

RSS Feed of thread