The library keeps growing...

by Bri A, Sunday, April 14, 2019, 20:21 (1832 days ago)

Went to a local gun show yesterday and it was very good, but there was nothing on my hardware list in the entire place. Have been half-heartedly looking for another grip safety for a 1911, but there has not been even one in the last six shows. Did find a nice stash of some old books for a steal though! Picked up "Hunting in the Rockies" by Jack O'Connor, "Woodchucks and Woodchuck Rifles" by Landis, "Handbook for Shooters and Reloaders" by P.O. Ackley, and "Jacketed Performance for Cast Bullets" by Verl Smith (Yes, I know he spells it Veral, but that is the spelling on the cover). Picked them all up for the grand sum of $10. Am always on the lookout for good books and am looking forward to reading these.

by Ray L, Sunday, April 21, 2019, 22:02 (1825 days ago) @ Bri A

Re. gun and outdoors books, browse Thriftbooks and check it often.......

Just found a 1975 Nonte & Jurras Handgun Hunting at a tourist trap bookstore in Vegas for $1.90 !!!

Buy $10 worth and free shipping.

by Bri A, Monday, April 22, 2019, 20:24 (1824 days ago) @ Ray L

I keep checking thrift stores in the area, but very rarely find any good gun books in them. Have found some really good technical books on machining and carpentry, some good books on US history and some decent hunting a fishing books. Have the beginnings of a super reference library on these topics and can compete with the state library on a couple topics. Many more books and I may have to build a new building just to hold them. Have a devil of a time parting with books, so imagine when I am gone there will be one heck of a big bonfire since no young people seem to appreciate anything on paper any more.

by Ray L., Monday, April 22, 2019, 20:53 (1824 days ago) @ Bri A
edited by Paul, Monday, April 22, 2019, 21:04

I meant thriftbooks.com website.

it is an online clearing house for used book stores.

by Bri A, Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 10:57 (1823 days ago) @ Ray L.

Oh, cool, did not catch that, had never heard of the site before. Thank you for the link, had quite a bit of fun looking around there.

RSS Feed of thread