The famous Rob Leahy

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 18:26 (1828 days ago)
edited by stonewalrus, Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 18:31

The famous Rob Leahy

by uncowboy, Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 20:07 (1827 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Good read

The famous Rob Leahy

by uncowboy, Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 20:14 (1827 days ago) @ uncowboy

Like most products that are worth having word of mouth can launch a business. I only bought 3 or 5 holsters from Rob so far but I have sold double that just by showing them and letting others wear them. Word of mouth is a great thing to build your business on because it means you really make a great product. Rob's holsters are that good and worth having. I still say that his holster is the most comfortable for the big 500 Smith and the 480 Taurus. put an N frame in one you don't even know it is there. J.Michael

I have half a dozen or more of Rob’s holsters and my son

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 20:21 (1827 days ago) @ uncowboy

Has a few too. MY CELLPHONE HOLSTER IS EVEN SIMPLY RUGGED (also sold as an AR15 mag holster). My cellphone holster has lived through 2 or 3 phones.

The famous Rob Leahy

by Big Six, Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 22:48 (1827 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Has it been that long?

I can't remember when I bought the first holster from Rob but he was in Alaska. Seems like 2004 or 2005 is about right. Don't really know how many I did get from him... and Most Versatile pouches. Deosn't seem like that long but I guess it has been.

Top notch. Still have them all as do my sons.

The famous Rob Leahy

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Thursday, March 28, 2019, 07:48 (1827 days ago) @ stonewalrus

A good write up about a GREAT GUY! I hope to visit him sometime .:-D

The famous Rob Leahy

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, March 28, 2019, 08:09 (1827 days ago) @ Fivegunner

The print version in AH is good as well. Congratulations Rob.

The famous Rob Leahy

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Thursday, March 28, 2019, 09:07 (1827 days ago) @ stonewalrus

What a great write-up for fine craftsman. I have several of Rob's holsters that I use regularly and never had a single complaint about any of them. Got a bonus, actually, when I discovered the holster for the S&W Model 39 also fits my new S&W Model 5906 and the magazine holder for the Browning Hi-Power extra mags fits the 5906 mags just fine.

Haha, Youy folks here, made this business go from my hobby

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, March 28, 2019, 14:18 (1827 days ago) @ stonewalrus

to going on 15 years of success. W have managed to employ a lot of folks and make great connections in the industry. More importantly, I have had to opportunity to meet so many of you folks. I am forever grateful.
I think back to the Gord Board, Sixguns.com, the older sixgunner board... It's over 20 years of great relationships with folks that have become family.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Thursday, March 28, 2019, 17:36 (1827 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Yes we have helped make your business but those holsters & belts wouldn't have sold had they not been what they are & you did that. Congratulations on the article.

by Charles, Thursday, March 28, 2019, 21:31 (1826 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I am shure that many of us would like to claim some bit of credit for your sucess, but that would not be honest. You and your products are responsible for your sucess. You are a good man, that makes a good product, for a fair price and in today's world, that still matters. The shooting community, as a whole have far higher morals and values, than most of American society. We know the real deal when we encounter it.

Hah! You think so huh?

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Thursday, March 28, 2019, 21:53 (1826 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

We may have helped support you by buying your leather goods, but only because you made a product that worked better than most of what was available.
That and the fact you are a patriot with high moral standards and support our troops in many ways.

Your encouragement for people to go get trained, and to carry every day. These are some of the reasons that keep me recommending your goods to friends and acquaintances when they are looking for holsters that work.

You've earned the notice and (most) of the praise. ;^)

Oh yeah, I just made an order for two holsters and a belt.

Mark

Wishing you continued success, congratulations.

by pokynojoe, Thursday, March 28, 2019, 18:09 (1827 days ago) @ stonewalrus

nt

And to think...

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, March 28, 2019, 21:18 (1826 days ago) @ stonewalrus

we new him before he was famous!!!

Something not mentioned in the article - he's the favorite holster maker for a variety of PPP's.

RSS Feed of thread