Viper Red Dot sight

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, March 24, 2019, 12:43 (1831 days ago)

I have a Vortex Viper Red Dot mounted on my pistol. When sighting it in, I ended up with the dot skewed left & high in the window in order to get center hits at POA. The position of the dot is distracting in use because I have to look elsewhere rather than the center of the window. Co-Witness is a joke this way. How can I get the dot into the center of the window and still get POA hits ?

Viper Red Dot sight

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Sunday, March 24, 2019, 15:21 (1831 days ago) @ Cherokee

My guess would be that your red dot sight is mounted off kilter, and you're using up most of the adjustment to get it sighted in. But, I slept at home last night. Not at Holiday Inn Express.

Mark

Viper Red Dot sight

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, March 24, 2019, 16:43 (1831 days ago) @ MS

That's what I thought, I am going to remount it to see.

What is it mounted on?

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, March 25, 2019, 04:16 (1830 days ago) @ Cherokee

If it’s on a rail, is it possible that the rail is not quite locked down in ten right position? If it’s on a slide, is it a factory cut or a gunsmith one?

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

What is it mounted on?

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, March 25, 2019, 06:53 (1830 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Canik 5.25" TP9SFX, slide mounted, factory cut and factory mounted.

sorry to say the"Canik" Might be the root of the problem...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, March 25, 2019, 11:02 (1830 days ago) @ Cherokee

I have not been impressed with the way they function.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

sorry to say the"Canik" Might be the root of the problem...

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, March 25, 2019, 21:56 (1829 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I haven't had a problem with the gun itself; its accurate and fits my hand well. It's a 4# trigger and has a nice short reset. I'm going to continue working with it for the purpose of learning to use the red dot.

I hope It's not. the gun. My only experiance was with one

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 08:58 (1829 days ago) @ Cherokee

sample and it couldn't make it through 100 rounds without falling apart.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I hope It's not. the gun. My only experiance was with one

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 18:43 (1829 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I've got almost 700 rounds of JHP ammo thru it, not a single problem with the gun. I think my problem is earning how to use the RDO.

RSS Feed of thread