What's a Cimmaron SAA Clone in .32-20 Going For These Days?

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 09:20 (1858 days ago)

I'm looking at selling a Cimmaron .32-20 Model P SAA clone with a pinch frame and 4-3/4" barrel with the Armi San Marco box (tattered) but no papers. It has the smooth walnut (?) grips. There's a very faint cylinder turn line on it - so faint that I can't get it to photograph - and a tiny bit of wear on the hammer finish that only shows with the gun cocked and those appear to be the only marks on the gun. I'd have thought there'd be a bunch of them out there changing hands, but I don't find many checking on the auction sites and none in this caliber. They seem to be well made, fit and finished but they are not common around here and, in fact, this is the only one I've seen in a local gun shop for quite some time. I bought it to try owning a single action of the type (all of my previous single actions were Ruger Bisleys, which I'm retaining).

I prefer my S&W K-frame .32-20 to the Cimmaron and since I'm trying to thin the herd considerably, this is one I've chosen to send on down the road.

I'm hoping some of you might have some experience with them, and could provide some guidance on what is a reasonable asking/selling price.

Thanks for the help.

Rem

I have several C-I- M-A-R-R-O-N REPLICAS AND THEY ARE

by SIXGUNNER, Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 22:29 (1858 days ago) @ Remington40x

GOOD SHOOTERS BUT THEY ARE FROM UBERTI. ASM REPLICAS GO CHEAPER LIKE AROUND $250-300. iF YOU REALLY WANT A GOOD REPLICA .32-20 LOOK FOR A CIMARRON UBERTI. I CAN'T IMAGINE ANYONE SELLING A .32-20 K SMITH.

I have several C-I- M-A-R-R-O-N REPLICAS AND THEY ARE

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 09:11 (1857 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

John:

Great articles on the .357 in the last two Guns Magazine.

I never could spell worth a hoot.

The K-frame is almost certainly refinished. Kind of dull blue with greyish undertones. But it has a Wondersight on it - only one I've ever seen. And it has a fine trigger and is an excellent shooter. Besides, when I sell the Marlin .32-20 I have up on Gunbroker and the Cimarron, I'll need something to use all the .32-20 brass I loaded up on.

Rem

Thanks for the good words about the .357 Magnum piece!

by SIXGUNNER, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 09:17 (1857 days ago) @ Remington40x

So you are selling the ASM not buying? Keep the Marlin!!

Thanks for the good words about the .357 Magnum piece!

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Thursday, March 21, 2019, 12:54 (1856 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

You're most welcome. It's not often that I find an article in any gun magazine that really engages me. Yours did.

The Marlin is up on Gunbroker and will go on Sunday evening. I've largely moved my interests to sxs hammer shotguns and single shot rifles (mostly Martini actions, particularly Cadets that have been customized).

RSS Feed of thread