Prayers answered

by Jhenry, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 21:29 (1868 days ago)

Young son Eli just got the word on his USAF ROTC. Status. Full ride with housing and a stipend for his sophomore, junior and senior year. Freshman year is on us. I'm fine with that and very proud of the boy.

The LTC. That interviewed Eli asked if he was willing to get rid of "that lettuce on your head" (big bushy red hair). He came home 2 days later with it high and tight.

Thank you my friends for your prayer cover. It is well appreciated.

I am 30 miles away from Fayetteville

by Brien @, NWArkansas, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 23:25 (1868 days ago) @ Jhenry

I do not know where you are but if you need any info about the area, feel free to contact me.
Brien
rikoshay AT cox DOT net
use normal email form

I am 30 miles away from Fayetteville

by Jhenry, Friday, March 15, 2019, 09:33 (1868 days ago) @ Brien

Appreciate it very much. We are maybe 2.5 hours north. Near Seneca, MO. so not too far away.

I spent a day or two in the Air Force....

by Jeff Taylor @, Tampa FL, Friday, March 15, 2019, 05:33 (1868 days ago) @ Jhenry

I spent a day or two in the Air Force and I’d be happy to answer any questions he has now or at any time throughout his education and career.
Congratulations,
Jeff

--
Colonel, USAF (Ret)
NRA Life Member

I spent a day or two in the Air Force....

by Jhenry, Friday, March 15, 2019, 09:37 (1868 days ago) @ Jeff Taylor

Thank you. I did as well, as have multiple family members from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War etc. We appear to be quite the Air Force family when you add it up.

Prayers answered

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, March 15, 2019, 07:59 (1868 days ago) @ Jhenry

Congratulations.

Prayers answered

by Jhenry, Friday, March 15, 2019, 09:37 (1868 days ago) @ Cherokee

Thank you.

Excellent!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, March 15, 2019, 09:04 (1868 days ago) @ Jhenry

Congratulations to Eli!

Excellent!

by Jhenry, Friday, March 15, 2019, 09:41 (1868 days ago) @ Hoot

Thank you my friend.

Prayers answered

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Friday, March 15, 2019, 09:04 (1868 days ago) @ Jhenry

Congratulations to your son and to his parents, who obviously did a fine job of raising him.

Once upon a time, many, many years ago, I had an Army ROTC scholarship. It let me graduate from undergraduate school debt free (an even bigger bonus in the present) and also to attend law school before going into the Army, allowing me to get a foot up on a legal career. One of my brothers also had an Army ROTC scholarship, went to med school on the Army and had a 31 year career as an Army doctor, finishing his career as a Brigadier General. Both of us still treasure the experiences we had while serving. I'm sure your son will as well.

God bless him and you as he takes this next step in his life.

Prayers answered

by Jhenry, Friday, March 15, 2019, 09:40 (1868 days ago) @ Remington40x

Thank you, both he and his older brother are fine men. Ian, the older one, received free tuition thus far due tie grades and community work.

RSS Feed of thread