I Love The Post Office....

by Drago, Friday, May 11, 2012, 18:43 (4391 days ago)

I found a back issue of G&A on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I noticed that the shipping address was to my old address. The magazine hasn't been forwarded, and according to my letter carrier, won't be since iwas sent "media mail". Only first class is forwarded.It nay get returned to the sender, but... Oh well, back to the drawing board. :-(

That explains why I haven't seen an "American Rifleman"...

by Boge Quinn, Friday, May 11, 2012, 20:49 (4391 days ago) @ Drago

...for months. Oh, well. I upgraded my membership at the NRA show, and changed my address with them, so hopefully it'll be OK in the future.

by Alfred John, Friday, May 11, 2012, 21:43 (4391 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

...for months. Oh, well. I upgraded my membership at the NRA show, and changed my address with them, so hopefully it'll be OK in the future.

I used to subscribe to A number of different Gun magazines. I noticed I hadn't received several issues of G&A magazine. I contact G&A about as I knew I had over a year to go on the subscription. They informed me a stop delivery order had been sent to them from my Post Office. I contact the Postmaster there, he was shocked apologized and claimed they would try to find out how it happened. Never did hear back on it. This was a few years back. At that time a number of subscribers were complaining to different publishers they were either not getting their magazines or they were trashed up pretty good when they did get them. Wasn't a local thing but from various areas of the United States. One thought put forth was anti-gunners were doing it. No more was heard about since. Just Saying stuff (strange Stuff) does happen sometimes.

Ironically,

by Drago, Saturday, May 12, 2012, 00:08 (4391 days ago) @ Drago

I'm getting my Cabela's catalogs and Bass Pro ads with the new address on them even though I haven't ordered anything from either one of them since I moved! Go figure.

by anachronism, Saturday, May 12, 2012, 06:05 (4391 days ago) @ Alfred John

Long ago, I bought a 3 year subscription to "Guns & Ammo" on ebay. After a few months I realized I hadn't seen a single issue so I contacted the seller, who got it straightened out, and as an apology, G&A doubled my subscription to 6 years at no additional cost. After a few years, the magazine stopped coming, so I called the subscription office who told me in effect that they simply decided to stop sending magazines after about 4 years. I pressed the issue and started receiving magazines again, until my extended subscription ran out. It appears that they can and will do this on complementary subs if you don't ride them to keep up. The silly part is that G&A had gotten so lame by that time that I really didn't care. Seyfreid had just left and the magazine was plunging into mediocrity. After my sub lapsed, I never picked up a copy of G&A again, and I'm surprised to see it still being published at all. But then again, I feel that way about a lot of magazines.

I have a great PO! They have retrieved packages enroute , re

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, May 12, 2012, 10:41 (4391 days ago) @ Drago

directed packages, (Twice) when customers moved and gave us old addresses, not forwarded, but changed the address en route and delivered them , once to the new address. We have over 30,000 items in the mail less than 5 in 8.5 years lost at least 2 we know were stolen after delivery. My PO contractors drive 2 miles out of their way to get our packages 3 days a week. And we have a profitable Post Office in Prescott. Now , I hate going inside and standing in line...not enough staff.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Drago, Saturday, May 12, 2012, 13:22 (4391 days ago) @ anachronism

Not long after we were married, my ex-wife ordered me a subscription to G&A as a gift. One night, she received a phone call asking if she wanted to extend the subscription. Since the issues were arriving missing covers and pages, I told her not to bother extending. She told the guy no, and hung up. The guy called her right back and said "F*** You!" and hung up.

I can't understand how the PO is losing money...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, May 12, 2012, 14:34 (4391 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Priority mail is the way to go. Click and ship is saving us money over UPS and FEDEX, it is more convenient, there are fewer problems of all sorts, and so on. So it seems that they have a product, now, that everyone should want to use.

That said, the rest of the service pretty much sucks. Rotten office hours, overly expensive for every other kinds of mail (except for media mail), surly staff waiting for the ax to drop... Don't get me started on the magazines. BTW, it is my understanding that the same firm owns G&A and ST. Both are so thin that the parrot would rather have Scott TP in the bottom of the cage. Sad. ST once being the "home" of Skeeter. So it goes...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I think the PO is a great deal...

by pokynojoe, Saturday, May 12, 2012, 18:25 (4390 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

For someone who still writes letters(and I do)it's a great deal. It costs me the same to mail a letter across the street as it does across the country. Think about it; the Post Office has effectively reduced the size of the entire country to one point! The only other entity that has come close to doing that is the McDonald's Restaurant chain.

RSS Feed of thread