Stopped by the local hawk&swap today

by ScottL, Thursday, November 10, 2011, 21:34 (4543 days ago)

I ended up walking out with a S&W Bodyguard 380ACP. I looked it over side by side with the Taurus and the Ruger. Final selling point was the built in laser. If I'm going with one of these new fangled flat sided 6 shooters it might as well have a headlight. Even with the laser it was only about $10 more than the LCP. While I was on a tear I also ordered one of Robs pocket protectors for it and a couple boxes of Buffalo Bore +P hollow points to complete the days adventures. Now I need a couple extra magazines.

So if I can get it stripped down to clean and lube it tonight I'll take it out and shoot it tomorrow. And that brings us to the Q&A portion of this. The gun has a take down lever akin to a 1911. It needs to be turned down to the 6 o'clock position to pull it out for take down. The manual says remove mag, lock slide back, rotate lever, pull lever out. They use a lot more words but that's the jist of it. I cannot get the take down lever into the 6 o'clock position. I have pressed HARD. I don't want to break it before I shoot it. Any suggestions?

[image]

Oh yeah, HI EVERYBODY! Long time no see.

Scootter

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Friday, November 11, 2011, 08:45 (4542 days ago) @ ScottL

Glad you found the place. I looked at one of those the other day at my local pusher. Put money down on a custom .475 the other day though so I think my gun buying is done for awhile.

Suggestions? Buy a J frame...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, November 11, 2011, 09:05 (4542 days ago) @ ScottL

;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Suggestions? Buy a J frame...

by Drago, Friday, November 11, 2011, 12:18 (4542 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Never really impressed by the whole laser business. Seems like you'd always be checking to see if it was on the "Stun" setting. A J-Frame has one setting; GO! ;-)

Well.....

by Scott @, Friday, November 11, 2011, 21:30 (4542 days ago) @ Drago

This is a backup to my Lady Smith. ;-)

by Gila Jorge, Friday, November 11, 2011, 19:38 (4542 days ago) @ ScottL

see facebook for comments....nice to see ya back...

RSS Feed of thread