New place, same great folks

by DiamondD, Sunday, November 06, 2011, 23:02 (4547 days ago)

Just popped in to say hi and check out the new forum. Wonder if I can upload a pic direct from my I Pad?

Well I reckon not:-(

by Paul ⌂, Monday, November 07, 2011, 07:32 (4547 days ago) @ DiamondD

You should be able to upload right from your ipad, at least I would think you could. Just make sure it's 1,000 x 1,000 pixels or less and 100 K or less in file size. The ipad should have picture editing software on it which would allow you to make any such changes.

New place, same great folks - pictures

by stonewalrus, Monday, November 07, 2011, 07:56 (4547 days ago) @ Paul

I think the upload will shrink the pictures down to size. It did for the picture I posted.

by Cannon @, Monday, November 07, 2011, 08:03 (4547 days ago) @ DiamondD

If the ipad is like the iphone, Apple disabled uploads in Mobile Safari. If the ipad is jailbroken, there's a 'Mobile Safari Uploader' tweak that seems to work OK. If not jailbroken, there are several alternative web browsers available in the regular app store, and some of them do support file uploads.

Cannon, I hope you know what you are talking about because

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Monday, November 07, 2011, 09:44 (4547 days ago) @ Cannon

you lost me just before the app and jail break.

Apple products

by Paul ⌂, Monday, November 07, 2011, 10:50 (4547 days ago) @ Cannon

Which is one more reason why I do not understand peoples' fascination with Apple's products. Why pay HIGH $$$$$ for a device that is crippled, limited and arbitrary in that you are not allowed to utilize third party software solutions without getting the company's permission and paying MORE $$$ for it?

OK. Rant off. Back to my Linux box where I can pretty much do anything I want. :)

RSS Feed of thread