Any info on the new Legacy Sports Puma m92.....

by Otony, Thursday, August 09, 2012, 23:15 (4300 days ago) @ Byron

Never seen one, BUT those are made by Chiappa. I HAVE both seen and read a great deal about the 1876s made by Chiappa, and virtually none of what is written has been good. Frankly, what I saw was far also from impressive, although I will admit to never having fired a Chiappa in any flavor or form.

Chiappa rose from the ashes of the old Armi San Marco, which crashed and burned and pretty much dragged American Western Arms down with them. I owned a few ASM revolvers and found one great and the rest mediocre at best.

I have owned two Rossi 92 lever guns, and few three Rossi pump .22 rifles as well. Fit and finish can be lacking, and internally these can be pretty rough at times. My latest is a new Braztech 92 .357, with 16" barrel in stainless steel. It is by far much smoother than any earlier Rossi I ever owned, but still wears Brazilian mystery wood (looks like orange stained maple). Needs some stuff deburred, but it was HALF the cost of a Legacy. Stones and polishing compound don't cost 500 bucks and I can refinish wood....if I need to.

Ya pays your money.....

Otony

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread