Raffle completed--ideas

by SKgrips @, Friday, August 03, 2012, 07:36 (4293 days ago)

I want to thank everyone here that helped us raise some money for our shooting team. we raised $4900 to put into our Scholastic Shooting Fund. +
We sold approximately 290 tickets. Not bad odds really. A fella named Rich Walt was the winner. He bought a ticket at our local gun show.

We will be have two more raffles in the future that are quite different. Please let me know what your thoughts are:

1. "Family Legacy" two Browing A bolts in 257 Roberts. Engraved, and one is a youth model, presumebly a Father/Son or Daughter combo. Browing hasnt made the A bolt in this caliber, so it makes them a little more rare. Heres the difference, the tickets are $30, only 300 available. EVERYONE that buys a ticket, get a pair of Browinging knives in a collectible tin representing the "Family Legacy", and a chance at the rifles. Basically you get the knife set for $30 and a 1 in 300 chance at the rifles, if we even sell 300? Watcha think?

2. Fausti Caledon 20g over/under set, Father/son or daughter set, one is a youth, both 28". Very nice Italian made shotguns. Regular raffle, $10 ticket, only 500 tickets available. Shotguns valued at $4000 retaile. Street value about $2800.

Im not asking you guys to participate, just being gun guys, you folks know what would is more attractive in terms of a productive prize. In this day and age, the only way to keep these sports alive for the kids today is to raise money, and I am comitted to doing just that with as little pain as possible to friends and loved ones. Please let me know what you think of these two ideas.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread