Neat guns. I like them both

by Otony, Monday, July 30, 2012, 19:39 (4296 days ago) @ brionic

I was thinking about something like what stonewalrus recommended, the plug in peep that replaces the safety. Either that or a receiver sight, but I am surprised to discover these are not already D&T for such a sight. Not too interested in sending it off to be drilled/tapped and no locals here that I would trust unfortunately. Guess the Steve's Gunz sight might be it, unless Skinner makes a similar peep.

I would be concerned about SWMBO using a tang peep to be honest, as she isn't really a gun person. Hate to even imagine the possibility of some awkwardness on her part resulting in a gouged face or worse. Plus a tang sight looks correct on a rifle, but on a little Trapper it strikes me as a might odd. YMMV?

Before I bought the Marlin Cowboy I had a regular Marlin 1894 .357, with the round barrel. Had to sell it when I had some legal issues with a family member that brought us to court......sigh. Maybe should have bought another like it but was dazzled by the looks of the Cowboys octagon barrel. Worked out for the best I guess, as now we both have .357 carbines! And she can't complain that little Rossi is too big or heavy.....I hope.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread