Really Concealable Pocket Pistols - Seeking Recommendations

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 13:00 (4302 days ago)

I'm looking for a "carry all the time" pocket pistol. Nothing smaller in caliber than a .380. Something that will hide even when all I'm wearing is a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

I currently have a Kahr .40 S&W, the full sized version with the stainless frame, and a Ruger Security Six 4" .357 that I use in the cooler seasons, but neither is as unobtrusive as I'd like and this summer's heat, combined with the recent Colorado shootings, has led me to look for something lighter and more concealable that would be with me all the time.

I've handled the Sig 238, which is attractive to me because of its 1911-type characteristics, and the S&W Bodyguard, which I also liked, particularly because of the laser sight being included. The Ruger LCP seemed a bit too small for my hands and the sights were difficult. Same with the North American Arms Guardian. The Walther PPK seemed as big and heavy as the Kahr. The dealer had a Diamondback DB9, but I've never heard of them, and, again, the sights were quite hard to see (although they apparently make them with night sights, the one in inventory didn't have them). I'm also skeptical about controlling a 12 ounce 9mm.

So, what would you all recommend for the really concealable pocket pistol?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread