Ummm...not six-shooter pistol question XD Spring vs G-gggglk

by John Meeker @, After double-actions came on the market?, Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 20:40 (4303 days ago)

nephew in law advise that for the 9MM ported fast-popper I want, that the Springy XD-M is considered to be 'better' than G-guns among match competitors. While this subject prob'ly has engaged the gag reflex among many of you, I have eventual good reasons for wanting such an un-sixgunner Critters.

I have had Glock, a 21, and found it likeable and accurate. However, with some thought to the future, I may well want a solid safety, dayglo sights, mass quantity of ammo, etc.

Nothing cast in money, yet, but having received the Rock River AR w/Leatherwood scope [a beautifully made weapon, BTW], I realize that I'm pretty much out of touch with 21st Century gun requirements..it's as tho I'm wondering exactly why a lever action pistol cal carbine and matching revolver are so antique?

That is, until i take a look around at out societal/politico developments. Then the modern stuff make more sense, and in the meantime I can shoot woodchucks and tincans with the total assurance that I'm up to date in my armory, and that those obsolete guns would shoot tincans and woodchucks anymore, anyway.

At any rate, any one who has an opinion is welcome to sit down, pour their favorite truth serum and have at it.

And yeah, I already want a shorty CAR light weight upper, as a house gun alternative for the target upper. Nothing says 21st Century home security like thirty or forty rounds ready to go, on hip and in hand.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread