Quick question re: PCP air rifles

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 10:10 (4306 days ago)

Are any of y'all familiar with PCP air rifles? I'm considering adding one to the luggage this fall when we return from a visit up north. Am considering the Marauder by Benjamin (Crosman), looking at the Discovery as well (depending on available funds) and thinking about other options (Hatsan BT65SB, Air Arms S510, etc), but the limiting factor is, as usual, $$$. The most likely candidate at this time is the Marauder in 25 caliber. Especially if I get enough info to feel comfortable with casting my own ammo for it. Cartridge firearms here are heavily regulated, as you know, but air powered guns are still relatively wide open. This may change and I hope to get my grubby mitts on a decently powerful and accurate one before it does. So any feedback on the subject would be welcome.

On a related topic, I've got an idea for a pellet mold that would require a minimum of machining (as compared to cutting a cherry, etc). Once I get some sketches together I'll put it up here and see if y'all know anyone who might be able to produce it for me at a reasonable cost. It's a nose pour hollow base pellet, about as simple as it can get.

Anyway, back to work. There's a lot to get done over the next few weeks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread