Getting my mind right....

by Byron, Monday, July 16, 2012, 20:41 (4310 days ago)

Just got home from a week long road trip to the Bad Lands, Devils Tower etc with the family....

A week together with no distractions but the beautiful country....joined together at the hip for a week....an experience of a life time...

Had a wonderful time....spent more uninterupted time with my 13 year old twins and wife than I have in a real long time....they were wonderful people to travel with...to get back in touch with...

I have developed a new protective bond for my little girl, Grace, that troubles me...

Parents who have more than one child will if honest, admit that they identify most strongly with one....adore them all...but one will be their baby forever....Caitlyn was my girl...when she was killed it took a lot from me...just never the same....it truely breaks your heart...

My eldest son had demonstrated over and over again in Ramadi with the Marines that he could run through the ran and not get wet...no worries...

My wife is just bigger than life and always at the families rudder...runs it...right down the middle of the road....

The twin boy is all a father could wish for...again no worries....

Grace has me worrying....she is under my skin like Caitlyn was...even though she is more like Teresa than me....just worried that if anything happened to her I would not be able to carry on....kinda concerned how to make sure nothing can harm her....know that is not really possible....

I have always given my kids their wings and all the rope they can handle...maintained high expectations and they always excel...

Been on edge since the trip...been watching her all the time...probably not real healthy....its odd to worry about a child like that...most never will....makes your hair stand up when you do....

[image]

Thanks for bearing with me....

Byron

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread