I made up my mind long agoa the border patrol worked better

by Charles, Friday, July 13, 2012, 10:15 (4316 days ago) @ Rob Leahy
edited by Charles, Friday, July 13, 2012, 10:23

Rob..I think highly of you and don't like to contridict you, but your statement is just not true. These checkpoints have been here since at least the early 50's. That is how long I have been doing through them. I don't know where you are getting your information, but you are being fed false information.

The Border Patrol presence here on the Border has increased dramaticaly in the past 10 or 15 years. The numbers are increasing and not decreasing. I see them every day.

This week it was announced that a number of Border Patrol stations have been closed (Abilene, Lubbock and other cities in Texas)to move the assets to the Border. These stations have been there for decades. Who now will go to the businesses that hire wetbacks and pick them up? The local population in those cities are very much upset by this turn of events.

I am not a fan of Clinton or Obama and will do anything and everything I can to see that Obama is not relected. But the facts of Border life are the facts of Border life. The Federal and Texas goverments has poured huge amounts of money and people down here on the Border to try and stop the influx of illegals and drugs. The notion that illegals are being allowed into this country, just so they can vote Democrate is utter and complete nonsense.

The notion that the Border Patrol does not fight back is also just nonsense. Last week they fired into Mexico on two seperate times less than a half mile from where I work. One time they were getting pelted with large rocks and they fired a number of rounds at the rock throwers as they scattered. The other time a man was aiming a rifle at one of them and the Patrolman fired accross the river and killed him grave yard dead. Quite an international stink going on about that one right now. Federal and State officers fire into Mexico on a regular basis when attacked or threated from Mexico.

Your source of information is really off base. You said you made up your mind a long time ago, well it is time to open it up and take a look at the facts as they really are and not some distorted version from some political source.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread