Glock triggers, in more than a few words…..

by Otony, Monday, February 19, 2024, 15:37 (73 days ago) @ A K Church

…..as you probably know, the “cure” for Glock triggers is to apparently buy some of the almost overwhelming variety of widgets and gazmachos to throw at the poor pistol. The choices are almost staggering in number, vast amounts of American and Chinese made parts abound.

However, I’m embarrassed to say that I never availed myself of the “fluff and buff” techniques that have been expounded upon for decades, to wit, polish the innards! Save your cash, modify your gun yourself!

It is so amazingly simple to do (now that I’ve done it) and completely negates the need to purchase any aftermarket gizmos. Oh, I suppose some of the lipstick might be desirable, but I was honestly astonished at the difference a half hour with a Dremel felt polishing bob loaded with Mothers Mag Polish made.

So simple to do, no bending, no sanding, no stoning, no filing. Just polish the edges and surfaces of certain parts in certain places and hey, presto, a gigantic difference.

Unlike working on a K-frame Smith, or worse, a 1911, there was no reassembling and disassembling a dozen times or more. Nope, it’s almost predictably one and done.

Gentlemen, if yours truly can do it, ANYONE can!

Otony

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread