Precision Pistol, again...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, November 07, 2023, 17:37 (192 days ago)
edited by Hobie, Tuesday, November 07, 2023, 17:46

This past year, thanks to Blue Ridge Shooters Club member Paul "Gunner" Lahah, I had the opportunity to begin again with bullseye pistol (precision pistol). While our club matches were only at 25-yards and only with .22 LR I really enjoyed the challenge.

My handgun for this past season (we shot for 12-weeks this past summer) was a K-22 6" and I planned to shoot only this gun this next season as well. HOWEVER, yesterday provided me an opportunity to get a Smith & Wesson model 41 at a pretty good price. This is the optics ready, Performance Center, version built in 2014. I don't plan on using optics (like a 1MOA red-dot) but given my current eyesight and the aging process this might become more of a "necessity". Because I already had a 422 I already had more extra magazines.

We allowed shooters to do more than one 30-round course of fire each week last year and I'm thinking I'm going to shoot both handguns, sort of competing against myself. I am planning to shoot CCI Standard Velocity for practice (this is all that I shot last year) and CCI Pistol Match in the matches.

Is anyone else here shooting this discipline?

By the way, Paul leading college shooters to excellence at the Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, Virginia.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread