Bought a Mech Tech CCU in 45 acp.....

by Gunner @, St Louis, Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 21:33 (1376 days ago)

[image]

Have wanted one for years but kept putting it off, finally pulled the trigger and bought it.

First impression...damn it is compact and really fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took it to the range this past Sunday to test fire it, was really fun and is a cool little carbine to shoot. Had my daughter and son in law with me so I didn't have time to bench it just ran some mags thru it, spent most of my time helping those two shoot.

Some early thoughts on it....the rail is WAY to short to be useful with the red dot sight, already have a rail riser mount on the way to fix that issue. The area where the tube frame and butt stock meet is right where my cheek rest, not too comfortable but I think the rail riser and moving the dot sight forward a little will fix this issue. The CCU was dry and a little gritty when I received it and didn't like the Kimber TLE frame, some FP-10 oil, hand cycling of the action and switching to a Baer frame made a world of difference to the feel of the action.

While limited, the range workout was 100% and a whole of fun, way more than I expected it to be, I am looking forward to the next range session and working with it more and doing some accuracy testing.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread