santa will you bring me some new toys?

by cable, Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 21:43 (1584 days ago)

as most remember i have long been on a quest for a representative example of all the major 22 rimfire lever guns, and earlier this year, i thought i had done the job...not trying to get every variation, for example, i have a winchester 1873 22 lever gun, in 22 long.....not trying to get all the versions of this, just one good one.... and so on, a nice 1891 marlin, 1892 marlin, etc...
i even got the actual prototype of a the little colt lever guns from the early 1960s that never went into production.. i had read that winchester actually made a one off version of their 189o 22 pump in lever configuration. i guess it is at the cody museum. others have made a few copies of that one , i was told

and then along comes a chance to get a winchester [ proposed production model or prototype or one off ] 1890 lever gun, a model 62 pump action made up in
SRC lever form, and of all things ... the predecessor of the 1860 Henry - the Volcanic - in 22 lr, and even a volcanic lever action pistol in 22 lr [ i had heard of the existence of this years ago, but didn't believe it ]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

and since the same source had this i got it too --- a 22 lr conversion of colts first revolver - the Paterson

[image]

Santa! i am done... i need no more

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread