Anyone remember my Mushroom Gun?

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Thursday, July 25, 2019, 19:02 (1736 days ago) @ Otony

AK Church gifted me a similar shotgun several years back. It was a long barreled H&R that he’d cut down short and had threaded for choke tubes. It has a new bead installed. He also lengthened the forcing cone to help with patterns and reduce recoil. It’s one of those fun ones where it’s got more in smithing work than the gun cost! It has a synthetic buttstock and a wide fire end that is designed to hold a couple of extra shells. It has a simple nylon sling/carry strap. One of the best parts about it (other than the fact that a good friend gave it to me!) is the bag it’s in bits a tan ‘antenna bag’ from a place called county comm. It is very sturdy and has a built in shoulder strap. It has a dual zipper to open a flap wide for easy extraction. It also has a few pockets on both sides that I have loaded up with birdshot, buck and slugs. Somewhere I glommed onto a rifled, steel 12 ga to .45 acp adaptor. It’s in a pocket with a few 10 round stripper clips loaded with JHP and FMJ .45 ammo. It lives under the back seat of my truck. I haven’t shotnit in awhile and now I think it needs to come out and play next time I hit the range!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread