well, I will take a stab at it,

by passing by, Sunday, June 30, 2019, 20:04 (1753 days ago) @ anachronism

And say a first year 3 digit number gun is one of a thousand, 999, even.

Which makes it pretty cool. Also, the thought that this was their new flagship model, and likely more TLC lavished on first guns. No proof of the latter, and only a perhaps misplaced assumption.

But, if I were in any sort of market for a gun of that size and weight, I would cheerfully buy it, and allow you funds to purchase a more mundane version from a year or 10 later for cutting. I would leave length alone, as velocity is king in the .44 Smith and Wesson Magnum, and not much use to me if slowed down, there already being plenty of guns not able to do near loads such as 1800 fps with 180gr bullets while staying under SAAMI. I would buy something else, if less were wanted. Just speaking of me and habits, and habits/needs do not include more than what a .45 Colt or .45ACP can do.

Back to your question, I am surely not the only one who would like a first year gun running between 1 and 3 digits in SN, especially if new or guaranteed like-new. As for collectors, they would have preferred unfired, to attempt to milk maximum resale value later, if they could get it. I am sure there are buyers for that, too, even if premiums not exceptionally high among majority of prospective uyers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread