A good day - range time!

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, March 03, 2018, 15:45 (2245 days ago)
edited by Paul, Saturday, March 03, 2018, 15:51

We're trying to get the local gun range going. Well, it was established just over 60 years ago, but the past near 30 years of political pressure have put a hurt on shooting sports, plus the fact that 60 years ago they didn't buy enough land for the future lead to about 8 or 10 of us keeping it going over the past 10 years. We've been through some tough times but with the new property and our bright shiny new range license we've been picking up new members, nearly to the balance point. Today we had a collective range day, mostly shotgun. As yours truly doesn't have one, he usually ends up running an air rifle side show. And that's indeed what we did today. One draw of the new property is that we can run both the shotgun AND air rifle areas all at once - safely.

Attached is a pic of some of the next generation of shooters. Two grandsons of one of the long time members and the youngest of the three is the son of our best local shotgun coach. We had a grand time slaying the Field Target silhouettes. That 10 meter crow with 3/8" reducer ring is TOUGH!

That rifle on the left was given to me by Rich Hoch. It's an old Haenel 303 Super that he cut down to teach his grankids with. He gave it to me to teach my kids with, and it's still going strong. Need to tear it down and see about ordering a new spring from Maccari and make it a new seal, but it's still tossing lead yea these many years since it came to reside with us.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread