Mountain Gun Goodness

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, November 14, 2011, 14:02 (4546 days ago)

[image] She used a .44 mag Mountian Gun. Not a bad choice.

Rene Anderson of Headquarters shot a male wolf with a .44 caliber handgun while bow hunting near her home Sunday. Anderson said she didn't set out to kill a wolf but felt compelled to when the animal made her uncomfortable. She had done a little cow calling about a half-hour before and was working to get to one of her favorite spots. Her eye caught some movement and she thought it was a wolf.

"I kind of ran over the hill," she said. "He apparently seen me and I stopped and he was coming directly at me and kept going so I just laid down my bow and picked up my pistol and I shot him in the head about 10 feet away."

The wolf was close enough and seemingly determined enough that the experience spooked her. She said it clearly saw her and should have known she was human.

"The reason it bothered me so bad is the wind was at my back. I was sweating and the wind was blowing right at him."

She normally doesn't carry her .44 but her husband convinced her to take it. Anderson said she would have preferred to shoot a wolf later in the year when the weather is cold and the animals have their winter coats.

"This is the warm season. The hair is falling out. You got to wait for the cold season when it is long and pretty. I wouldn't have done it except that it was a scary situation."
http://www.huntfishnw.com/index.php?topic=6819.0

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread