We had a warm up

by bigbore442001 @, So. Worcester Co. Massachusetts, Tuesday, November 08, 2011, 04:57 (4576 days ago)

Ok. This is my first post on this new site. Did some hunting yesterday.

I was able to go out bowhunting after work yesterday. I was in my stand hunt ready from 3:30 PM until the end of legal shooting light at 5:05 PM. Although I did not see anything it was very relaxing to be in a stand with some solitude.

One bad thing is that the warm up may have suppressed rutting activity and when I was jotting down in my hunting journal, I noticed something. I noticed that I had a freckle with some legs on my belly. Sure enough, a damned deer tick. Yes. It was black and red. I tweezed it out but the little sucker mouthpart is stuck in me like a cactus spine. A dollop of Christopher's Black Ointment and a bandage should draw it out.

I will go again this afternoon but I have two pairs of pants that are treated with Sawyer Permetherin. I have never had a tick wearing treated clothes and that was when it was deep in the bush. I didn't wear them yesterday but I will today.

Wednesday is opening day of NH gun season. I'll be hunting in a limited weapon zone in the southeast and that area is noted as a tick nest. Hopefully as I sit on the east side of this large swamp a nice deer will meander out of it in the laurel thicket and the Contender will sing again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread